Learn how B2B digital marketing tactics can help you drive better sales experience and measurable results.
Some years ago, McKinsey ran a study on B2B purchasing habits declaring the combination of the sales experience and product or service specifications acted as the key driver in the decision-making process of B2B buyers.
Wait, what about the price?
Well, pricing is important; but not as important as the overall sales experience.
How B2B Digital Marketing Drives the Sales Experience
Today, the sales experience features more than verbal and in-person communications. Your prospect’s sales experience includes digital content, videos, client reviews, LinkedIn referrals, outbound emails, and automated emails; elements you can control. Today. Right now.
McKinsey was right. And now it’s time to apply their insight to the digital marketing experience supporting your B2B sales experience.
Today, the lines are blurred between marketing and sales. As mentioned in a previous post about digital marketing for B2B companies, Forbes notes 93% of B2B companies feel content marketing generates more leads than traditional mar/com efforts. According to Pinpoint Market Research, B2B firms generate 3x more leads through social media than through traditional marketing avenues.
Good marketing generates interest, which generates prospects, which generates sales.
Today, good marketing is measurable. And measurable marketing generates leads.
As business leaders, we can’t easily modify our product or service features (at least not within one prospect’s sales cycle). But we can influence the continuum spanning online marketing support and the overall sales experience. We can change the way we:
- Enable prospects to discover our solutions via outbound sales, search, networking
- Seamlessly guide prospects to a needed solution either in person or online
- Educate prospects regarding our product or serve features through demos, presentations or online materials
- Communicate and follow-up with prospects as we build a relationship via visits, calls and emails
It’s time to change what you can control
We help our clients focus on defining constituent needs, mapping our sales processes and augmenting the sales experience. We enhance the sales experience and measure each step of the process. Our solutions span B2B digital marketing products, services, and custom solutions, offering sales experience enhancement tools such as:
- Sales campaign planning
- Sales campaign measurement and reporting
- Content marketing
- Search engine optimization
- SEM and paid advertising
- Social media engagement, content generation, and management
- Landing page and measurable call to action design development
- Communication personalization
- Outbound marketing
- Marketing automation and sales support
You may not be able to control your product or service features, but you can certainly control your sales process. That sales process is supported by an array of digital marketing tools.